You are reading

Suspect Attacked Man on 7 Train, Punched Woman Who Recorded Him: NYPD

The suspect and 7 Train (NYPD and iStock)

Aug. 17, 2020 By Michael Dorgan

Police are searching for a suspect who assaulted a man on a 7 train last month–and then attacked a woman when he realized she was recording him.

The perpetrator was riding a Manhattan-bound 7 train on July 27 at around 1:15 p.m. when, without provocation, he began punching a 39-year-old man in the face, according to the police.

The suspect, who was accompanied by an unidentified woman, then smashed the man’s phone on the floor, according to CBS New York which released original footage of the incident earlier this month.

“Break that s**t… go buy a new one,” the man can be heard saying at the far end of the subway car.

The pair can then be seen walking through the car and shouting profanities at other passengers.

They then noticed a 26-year-old woman who was recording them and confronted her.

Queensboro Plaza Subway station (Michael Dorgan, Queens Post)

“You got an issue? Why are you recording? Why are you recording? Delete it, delete it,” the woman said.

The assailants then both punched her before fleeing the train after it pulled into Queensboro Plaza station, the woman told the TV outlet.

The two victims were treated at the scene by EMS, police said.

The male suspect is described as being in his 20s and was last seen wearing an orange shirt, white shorts and, red and white sneakers, police said.

Police released video footage of the man wanted for questioning.

Police did not release any information about the woman who accompanied him.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.