You are reading

3 Arrested During Vigil for Dead Rapper ‘Kiing Shooter’ in LIC Tuesday

(iStock)

May 6, 2020, By Michael Dorgan

Three people were arrested at a crowded vigil for a dead rapper in Queensbridge yesterday after violating social distancing rules, police said.

Police said that they tried to break up a crowd of about 75 people just before 2 p.m. in the vicinity of 40th Avenue and 10th Street.

The attendees had come to pay homage to William Daniels, better known as Kiing Shooter, who had passed away earlier in the day from complications relating to COVID-19. Williams was a resident of Queensbridge Houses.

Police instructed the crowd to disperse and the mourners then made their way to the nearby Queensbridge Park, where they attempted to continue the vigil, according to police.

Police asked the group to disperse again and say they were met with resistance by several individuals.

A 33-year old woman, a 24-year-old woman, and a 34-year-old man were arrested for offenses including resisting arrest, according to a police spokesperson.

Daniels, a 24-year-old up-and-coming rapper, was hospitalized with liver problems last week and subsequently contracted COVID-19. He died from complications with the virus on May 5, according to his obituary on Legacy.com.

Daniels had recently signed to Street Dreams Records, a record label belonging to world renowned rapper Nas, according to HipHopDX.

He recently posted a picture to social media showing him laid up in the hospital.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
Covidiot

Looks like an upstanding gentleman. No idea why something like this happened.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.