You are reading

Online Job Recruitment Fair to Be Held Wednesday, Hundreds of Jobs up for Grabs

Zoom (Unsplash)

May 10, 2020 By Michael Dorgan

An online job recruitment fair will take place on Wednesday to help out of work residents find employment.

The virtual fair, which is being spearheaded by Acting Queens Borough President Sharon Lee, will take place via the video-conferencing application Zoom on May 13 between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Job seekers will get a chance to connect with employers and recruiters who have roles in essential industries like healthcare, transportation, retail and airport security up for grabs. There are hundreds of jobs on offer.

Jobs with the U.S. Census Bureau, Child Center for New York, Council for Airport Opportunity, Queens Center for Progress, Watch Guard 24/7 and Workforce1 are also available for qualified candidates.

The fair comes at a time when the World’s Borough– like the rest of New York– has taken an economic hit caused by the COVID-19 shutdown.

Last week, City Comptroller Scott Stringer estimated that one-in-five working New Yorkers will be out of a job by the end of June.

Acting Queens Borough President Sharon Lee said that the COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on the local workforce and the economy.

Lee said that her office aims to do what it can to help unemployed residents. While the number of jobs on offer is small compared to the number lost, she said, it will help.

“It may seem like a mere drop in an ocean, but that drop can make all the difference for entire families and communities,” she said.

Job seekers who want to participate are asked to register before 2 p.m. May 12 by clicking on this link.

A live stream of the Jobs Recruitment Fair will be available to watch here.

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.