You are reading

Woman Who Attempted to Buy Car on Facebook Robbed at Gunpoint in Laurelton by Bogus Seller: NYPD

A woman was allegedly robbed of more than $3,000 at gunpoint last week by a man in Laurelton posing as a legitimate car seller on Facebook Market place. Pictured is the suspect wanted for questioning Photo: NYPD)

May 3, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

A woman who was attempting to buy a car on Facebook was robbed of more than $3,000 by a bogus seller at gunpoint when they met up in Laurelton last month, police said.

The victim, 20, was looking to purchase a 2012 Honda Accord from the man and met with him on April 23 in front of a house at 144-30 183 St. They had arranged to meet after the woman came across an advertisement for the vehicle on Facebook’s buy and sell platform, according to police.

As the meeting unfolded at around 1 p.m., the suspect attempted to lure the woman into the back yard of the home by pretending the car was situated there, police said.

When the victim hesitated, the suspect pulled out a gun and demanded her money and cellphone, police said

The woman complied and handed over $3,100 cash along with her iPhone 13 that is valued at $900, according to the NYPD.

The suspect then fled the scene in a black-colored 4-door sedan, operated by a getaway driver.

Police said no shots were fired and the victim was not injured.

The NYPD released images of the man wanted for questioning Monday.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.