You are reading

Maspeth Man Charged With Murder for Fatal Stabbing in Woodside Last Month

A Maspeth man has been charged with murder for the fatal stabbing of Freddy Jimenez, pictured, in Woodside last month (Photo iStock and GoFundMe)

Oct. 11, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

A Maspeth man has been charged with murder for a fatal stabbing that took place in Woodside last month.

Olmedo Osorio, 46, was indicted by a Queens grand jury Tuesday and charged with murder in the second degree for the stabbing death of 55-year-old Freddy Jimenez on Sept. 19, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.

Osorio, according to the charges, allegedly stabbed Jimenez multiple times with a knife at a bus stop near the intersection of 69th Street and Roosevelt Avenue at around 2:40 a.m. after the pair got into an argument. He then fled the scene eastbound on Roosevelt Avenue, police said.

Jimenez, of 71st Street in Woodside, was transported by EMS to NYC Health & Hospitals/Queens with stab wounds to the stomach but could not be saved.

The NYPD later recovered the knife from a nearby backyard, Katz said.

Osorio and Jimenez had been drinking together and had been intoxicated, according to previous police reports. It is unclear where they had been drinking prior to the attack, or what prompted the dispute.

“As alleged, the defendant viciously took the life of another man over little more than a heated exchange of words on the street,” Katz said. “We will not tolerate violence infiltrating our daily interactions and destroying of our sense of public safety in Queens County.”

Osorio was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon and tampering with physical evidence. If convicted, Osorio faces 25 years to life in prison.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.