You are reading

East Elmhurst man faces up to 50 years to life in prison for allegedly killing his own mother, brother: DA

Aug. 2, 2023 By Bill Parry

An East Elmhurst man has been criminally charged in Queens Supreme Court with murder in the cold-blooded killing of his mother and brother last month.

Roscoe Danielson, 40, of 104th Street, was arraigned Wednesday on an 18-count indictment charging him with two counts of murder in the second degree, three counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, two counts of criminal possession of a firearm, six counts of tampering with physical evidence, three counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, concealment of a human corpse and endangering the welfare of a child.

Danielson, 40, of 104th Street, was detained on Rikers Island following his July 6 arrest after his younger brother was found in a black plastic garbage bag wrapped in bedding and his mother’s body was found inside the family’s home down the block.

According to the charges, on July 5 between about 8:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., Danielson was observed on video surveillance pushing a grocery cart that held what looked to be a bleach container on 104th Street. He was then seen dragging a large item wrapped in a comforter and bed sheets down the sidewalk, leaving it in front of 32-41 104th Street, before returning to his home on the same block.

Passersby called 911 later that day reporting a strong odor and what looked like blood leaking from the comforter. Police from the 115th Precinct in Jackson Heights found the body of Danielson’s brother, 31-year-old Kyle Danielson, inside of the bedding with a gunshot wound to his torso and lacerations to his throat and body. EMS arrived and pronounced the man dead at the scene.

At approximately 8 p.m. that night, Danielson was observed by police officers pushing a 3-year-old in a stroller with a black bag hanging from the stroller handle. A search warrant was issued for the stroller and bag, and a loaded 9mm handgun and a knife were recovered.

A search warrant was executed for Danielson’s home and, at approximately 2:30 a.m. on July 6, where investigators discovered the body of Danielson’s mother, Cheryl Myrick, 58, with stab wounds to her neck. EMS declared her dead at the scene.

“This defendant is accused of the most gruesome of crimes, taking the life of his own mother and brother and leaving his sibling’s body on the sidewalk,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said. “We will hold him fully accountable and seek justice for the victims.”

Queens Supreme Court Justice Kenneth Holder ordered Danielson to return to court on Sept. 13. If convicted, Danielson faces up to 50 years to life in prison.

Recent News

Brooklyn man charged with manslaughter, DWI, for Astoria collision that killed his wife: DA

New details have emerged in the case against a Brooklyn man who allegedly crashed into several cars in Astoria last week while driving drunk, and then drove off in the wrecked vehicle to a residential block in Maspeth four miles away with a gravely injured passenger. The passenger turned out to be his wife, who later died, and the boozed driver told investigators that the couple was being followed when the collision occurred, according to the criminal complaint.

Rey Perez, 27, of Caton Avenue in Flatbush, was arraigned on Friday in Queens Criminal Court on charges of manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter and other crimes for speeding through stop signs last Thursday morning, crashing into another vehicle and two parked cars, before speeding from the scene to Maspeth where he sought help for his wife, 29-year-old Bridget Enriquez, who later succumbed to her injuries.

Woman sought for slashing cabbie during a robbery near LaGuardia Airport: NYPD

Police are searching for a woman who attacked a cab driver in East Elmhurst during a robbery more than two weeks ago.

The incident occurred in the early morning hours of Sunday, Feb. 11 after the cabbie picked up the suspect in Manhattan. The driver told investigators that the woman initially wanted to be taken to LaGuardia Airport but instead decided to be dropped off  nearby in front of 89-00 23rd Ave. at around 2 a.m.