You are reading

Powerball prize-winning ticket sold in Forest Hills

Dec. 11, 2023 By Ethan Marshall

A third-prize-winning Powerball ticket was sold by a Forest Hills business on Dec. 9.

The ticket was bought at Forest Hills Deli Bagels Inc., located at 112-10 Queens Blvd. The ticket was valued at $50,000.

Another third-prize-winning ticket, also valued at $50,000, was sold elsewhere in New York State on the same day. The other ticket was purchased at Bourbon Street Bar and Grill, located at 2209 Central Ave. in Schenectady.

Powerball drawings are televised every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. The numbers are drawn from a field of 1-69, with the red “Power Ball” drawn from a field of 1-26.

Recent News

Jamaica man sentenced to five years for $4.5 million bank fraud and money laundering scheme

A Jamaica man was sentenced to five years in federal prison on Monday for his role in a wide-ranging bank fraud and money laundering conspiracy, which resulted in the misappropriation of approximately $4.5 million in victims funds.

Chinwendu Alisigwe, 38, was previously convicted following a trial in Manhattan federal court. According to the indictment and evidence offered at trial, from 2017 to 2020, Alisigwe used fake identifications to open 36 separate bank accounts at six different financial institutions, which he opened with more than a dozen fraudulent passports and other bogus identity documents bearing his photograph, but the names of other individuals.

16-year-old arrested after assault on 68-year-old grandmother heading to church in Jamaica Hills: NYPD

A 16-year-old Jamaica boy was arrested on Thursday and criminally charged in the vicious attack that left a 68-year-old grandmother in critical condition after the teen shoved her while she was heading to church in Jamaica Hills on Sunday morning.

Detectives from the 107th Precinct in Fresh Meadows apprehended the teenager in front of his residence on 89th Avenue in Jamaica following a four-day manhunt. The incident occurred as Irene Tahliambouris was on her way to morning mass on April 7.