You are reading

16-Year-Old Boy Arrested Following Series of Daylight Robberies Inside a Flushing Park: NYPD

The Oak Avenue and Colden Street section of Kissena Corridor Park (Google Maps)

Jan. 29, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to a series of daylight robberies that occurred inside a park in Flushing earlier this month.

The boy, along with two other suspects, allegedly participated in up to four robberies inside Kissena Corridor Park between Jan. 8 and Jan. 15, according to police.

The teen was arrested Monday and charged with grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, police said.

The other suspects remain at large and are aged between 16 and 19 years of age, police said.

The first incident took place on Jan. 8 at around 1 p.m. when a teenager ran up to a 21-year-old woman at the Oak Avenue and Colden Street section of the park and snatched a phone from her hand, according to police.

The assailant then ran out of the park and got into a gold-colored Toyota Camry before fleeing in the car.

The second incident occurred on Jan. 11 at around 6 p.m. when two teens approached a 58-year-old man at the 56th Road and 146th Street section of the park and demanded cash.

One of the teenagers punched the man in the face and the pair swiped the victim’s wallet before they fled the scene on foot. The wallet contained $70 cash and a gift card, police said.

Days later, on Jan. 15 at around 2:20 p.m., three suspects assaulted an 18-year-old man while he was riding his bicycle in the same section of the park at 56th Road and 146th Street. The group stole his wallet that contained around $20 cash and a debit card, according to police.

Seconds later the group punched a 59-year-old passer-by in the face, snatched his wallet and fled the scene on foot. The wallet contained $150 cash, police said.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 
Jimmy Bags

The “community” wishes to be given descriptions of the suspects so that the “community” can be on the lookout and help keep the “community” safer. But hey, don’t strain yourself.

10
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Disgraced former Queens Council Member Dan Halloran arrested on child porn charges

Former Queens Council Member Dan Halloran, who was convicted in 2014 for his role in two bribery and corruption schemes and served five years in federal prison, is in trouble with the law again.

Halloran was arrested at Miami International Airport on Saturday, March 29, and charged with possessing child pornography and transporting child pornography after U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers inspected his Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and an Apple iPad 6th Generation tablet and discovered several videos of suspected child pornography located in a hidden folder album on the phone’s photos application, according to the criminal complaint filed in the Southern District of Florida.

Southeast Queens man convicted of triple murder in 2022 stabbing rampage that killed girlfriend, her son and cousin: DA

A Jamaica man was convicted at trial Tuesday of murder in the first degree and other crimes for the vicious stabbing deaths of his girlfriend, her son and a visiting cousin during a bloody rampage in June 2022.

Travis Blake, 31, of 155th Street, faces up to life in prison at sentencing following the three-and-a-half-week-long trial. The jury deliberated for just two hours before reaching the guilty verdict in Queens Supreme Court.

Op-ed: The crisis facing immigrant gender-based violence survivors

April 2, 2025 By Assembly Member Jessica González-Rojas, Zeinab Eyega and Yasmeen Hamza

As advocates who have dedicated our careers to achieving gender equity and justice, and as the representative of and service providers for some of the most culturally diverse districts in the country, we know firsthand the importance of ensuring that survivors of gender-based violence receive support that speaks to their specific needs. In Queens, where nearly 300 languages and dialects are spoken and we face the third-highest rate of reported domestic violence in New York State, the call for culturally specific services is urgent—and it is time for us to act.