You are reading

Woman suffers head injuries during random E train attack in Long Island City: NYPD

Cops are looking for this suspect who allegedly punched a 52-year-old woman on board an E train in Long Island City on Wednesday morning. (NYPD)

May 26, 2023 By Bill Parry

A woman suffered head injuries after she was attacked on board an E train in Long Island City earlier this week.

Police from the 108th Precinct and Transit District 20 are searching for a man who approached the 52-year-old victim as the southbound E train was arriving at the Queens Plaza station at 10:45 a.m. on May 24.

The unprovoked assault began with the assailant warning the woman to “look somewhere else,” according to the police report. He then began to punch her multiple times in the head. When the train came to a stop in the Queens Plaza station, her attacker ran off and fled the station, police said.

The victim sustained non-life threatening head injuries but remained in the subway car until it pulled into the Court Square station, where she got off and sought help. She was later transported to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in stable condition, police said.

The NYPD released a surveillance photo of the suspect as he left the Queens Plaza subway station.

He is believed to be in his 30s and has a dark complexion with a goatee and a thin build. He is around 6 feet tall and 150 pounds and was last seen wearing a white and black hooded jacket with gray sleeves and ripped light blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.