You are reading

Bronx Man Indicted Following Knife Attack of Two Elderly Men on 7-Train in Woodside

71-year-old victim on the floor of a 7 train at the 52nd St Station

Dec. 4, 2020 By Christian Murray

A Bronx man has been indicted for attempted murder in a knife attack that injured two elderly men on the 7 train in Woodside in July.

Patrick Chambers, 46, allegedly stabbed two men—one aged 71 and the other 73—on board a 7 train at the 52nd Street station at around 7:30 a.m. on July 5. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

According to the charges, Chambers allegedly started yelling at a 71-year-old man who was sitting across from him while holding a knife in one hand and pair of scissors in the other. Without provocation, he alleged approached the victim and stabbed him.

The victim fell to the floor and Chambers allegedly kept attacking him. A 73-year-old Good Samaritan stepped in to try to stop the assault and Chambers allegedly stabbed him too, slashing him in the chest and wrist.

Chambers then fled the train at the 52nd Street station but was arrested a short time later.

The incident was recorded by a passenger on the train and was posted to social media where it went viral.

Both victims required treatment for their injuries at an area hospital. The 71-year-old man sustained a large laceration to his abdomen and chest. He lost approximately two liters of blood and had to undergo emergency surgery.

“The defendant is accused of attacking two defenseless men – both in their 70s – on a subway car,” said Melinda Katz, Queens District Attorney. “One of the victims was stabbed as he tried to help his fellow passenger. There is no justification for this kind of senseless violence.”

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Brooklyn man charged with manslaughter, DWI, for Astoria collision that killed his wife: DA

New details have emerged in the case against a Brooklyn man who allegedly crashed into several cars in Astoria last week while driving drunk, and then drove off in the wrecked vehicle to a residential block in Maspeth four miles away with a gravely injured passenger. The passenger turned out to be his wife, who later died, and the boozed driver told investigators that the couple was being followed when the collision occurred, according to the criminal complaint.

Rey Perez, 27, of Caton Avenue in Flatbush, was arraigned on Friday in Queens Criminal Court on charges of manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter and other crimes for speeding through stop signs last Thursday morning, crashing into another vehicle and two parked cars, before speeding from the scene to Maspeth where he sought help for his wife, 29-year-old Bridget Enriquez, who later succumbed to her injuries.

Woman sought for slashing cabbie during a robbery near LaGuardia Airport: NYPD

Police are searching for a woman who attacked a cab driver in East Elmhurst during a robbery more than two weeks ago.

The incident occurred in the early morning hours of Sunday, Feb. 11 after the cabbie picked up the suspect in Manhattan. The driver told investigators that the woman initially wanted to be taken to LaGuardia Airport but instead decided to be dropped off  nearby in front of 89-00 23rd Ave. at around 2 a.m.