You are reading

Former Riccardo’s by the Bridge Site Sells for $6.4 Million, Residential Development Likely

The property that was the long-time home of Riccardo’s by the Bridge has sold (Photo: Christina Santucci)

Jan. 12, 2021 By Christina Santucci

The site of the famed Astoria catering hall Riccardo’s by the Bridge has been sold for $6.4 million, according to Alexander Pereira, a real estate broker with Douglas Elliman.

The deal closed on Dec. 30, Pereira said, less than three months since the banquet hall shut down.

“It was probably one of the fastest land deals I have ever done–30 days,” Pereira, who brokered the deal, said.

The name of the buyer of the property, located at 21-01 24th Avenue, has not yet been announced. Public records of the transaction are not yet available.

However, the new owner also purchased a much smaller adjacent site at 23-91 21st Street, which had previously been used as the kitchen for Riccardo’s.

The buyer hopes to develop both parcels as a residential and retail development, Pereira said. The 24th Avenue lot is approximately 13,000 square feet, while the smaller 21st Street property is about 2,600 square feet.

“The location is incredible. The development will have views of the bridge. Obviously, it’s very close to the waterfront and Astoria Park,” Pereira said.

A listing on Douglas Elliman’s site advertised the 21-01 24th Ave. property as having nearly 26,000 buildable square feet and “ripe for condo or rental development.”

“It was an incredible experience working on this particular property,” Pereira said. “Obviously it’s a historic site with a lot of history.”

In September, Anthony Corbisiero, president of Riccardo’s by the Bridge, posted a note on the catering hall’s website and social media announcing the hall’s closure.

Founded by Richard Corbisiero, Sr., in 1951, Riccardo’s had been a fixture in the neighborhood for decades and family-owned throughout its nearly 70-year run.

Legendary crooner Tony Bennett once worked as a singing waiter at Riccardo’s, according to its site.

“This decision [to close] has been extremely difficult to make, and is solely due to the various impacts of the COVID pandemic; if it were up to us we would cater your special events forever,” Anthony Corbisiero wrote in his note, entitled “Thanks for the Memories.”

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
Dan the Man

Where will the Astoria Civic meetings be held ? I mean they have been held there for over 30 years, I remember they used to be held at Astoria Manor but the owner got into a dispute with Pete Vallone so Pete moved the meetings to Riccardo. Maybe they could meet outside Pete’s office on 31st street, I mean that guy Kenneth Dooley is always there so he can take attendance or tell the people where to go for the meeting on the first Tuesday of the month

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Disgraced former Queens Council Member Dan Halloran arrested on child porn charges

Former Queens Council Member Dan Halloran, who was convicted in 2014 for his role in two bribery and corruption schemes and served five years in federal prison, is in trouble with the law again.

Halloran was arrested at Miami International Airport on Saturday, March 29, and charged with possessing child pornography and transporting child pornography after U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers inspected his Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and an Apple iPad 6th Generation tablet and discovered several videos of suspected child pornography located in a hidden folder album on the phone’s photos application, according to the criminal complaint filed in the Southern District of Florida.

Southeast Queens man convicted of triple murder in 2022 stabbing rampage that killed girlfriend, her son and cousin: DA

A Jamaica man was convicted at trial Tuesday of murder in the first degree and other crimes for the vicious stabbing deaths of his girlfriend, her son and a visiting cousin during a bloody rampage in June 2022.

Travis Blake, 31, of 155th Street, faces up to life in prison at sentencing following the three-and-a-half-week-long trial. The jury deliberated for just two hours before reaching the guilty verdict in Queens Supreme Court.

Op-ed: The crisis facing immigrant gender-based violence survivors

April 2, 2025 By Assembly Member Jessica González-Rojas, Zeinab Eyega and Yasmeen Hamza

As advocates who have dedicated our careers to achieving gender equity and justice, and as the representative of and service providers for some of the most culturally diverse districts in the country, we know firsthand the importance of ensuring that survivors of gender-based violence receive support that speaks to their specific needs. In Queens, where nearly 300 languages and dialects are spoken and we face the third-highest rate of reported domestic violence in New York State, the call for culturally specific services is urgent—and it is time for us to act.