You are reading

Man hospitalized after jumping in front of 7 train at Hunters Point Avenue subway station in Long Island City

A man was hospitalized after jumping in front of a 7 train that was pulling into the Hunters Point Avenue subway station on March 24. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons)

March 25, 2023 By Zach Gewelb

A 29-year-old man was hospitalized after jumping in front of a northbound 7 train at the Hunters Point Avenue station in Long Island City on Friday, March 24.

Authorities say that the man jumped in front of the 7 train as it entered the station at approximately 4:30 p.m. on March 24.

The man was transported to Cornell Hospital in serious, but stable condition, police said.

An NYPD spokesperson said the man was not the victim of a crime and an investigation is ongoing.

email the author:
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Queens man faces up to 30 years in prison in connection to fatal shooting of cop in Far Rockaway last month: DA

The driver involved in the fatal shooting of NYPD Detective Jonathan Diller in Far Rockaway last month was indicted on weapons charges, Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced Tuesday.

Lindy Jones, 41, of Rockaway Beach Boulevard in Edgemere, was arraigned in Queens Supreme Court on an indictment charging him with criminal possession of a weapon for a gun found in the car from which his codefendant Guy Rivera allegedly fired the fatal shot.

Construction collapse traps two workers at Springfield Gardens home Tuesday morning: FDNY

Firefighters and EMS personnel rescued two construction workers who were trapped and pinned under a concrete slab after a retaining wall collapsed on them in front of a Springfield Gardens home on Tuesday morning. The FDNY received a call of a trench collapse at around 9:42 a.m. at a two-story home at 135-40 229th St., where the workers became trapped after the porch caved in on them.

“They were trapped under there for a while, one looked unconscious,” a concerned neighbor said at the scene.