You are reading

Manhattan Man Arraigned on Murder Charges Following Two Fatal Stabbings in Southeast Queens

Feb. 12, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

A Manhattan man who allegedly stabbed two victims to death — in separate incidents — in southeast Queens before Christmas has been charged with murder.

Raymond Kenner, 22, was arraigned before Queens Supreme Court Thursday for fatally stabbing 29-year-old Benjamin Vasquez in Jamaica on Dec. 23, according to the Queens District Attorney’s Office.

Kenner allegedly stabbed Vasquez multiple times on 89th Avenue and 150th Street near Rufus King Park at around 11 p.m. according to the charges.

Two days earlier, on Dec. 21, Kenner allegedly knifed Andrew Cunje to death in Hollis, prosecutors said.

Another defendant, Alexander Stephens, 31, is alleged to have helped Kenner slay Cunje. Stephens, from Jamaica, was also arraigned in court Thursday on murder charges, prosecutors said.

According to the charges, Kenner and Stephens were seen on video surveillance following Cunje as he walked along Jamaica Avenue between 201st Street to Carpenter Avenue at around 8:50 p.m. The duo then allegedly stabbed Cunje several times in the chest and arms then ran off with his wallet and backpack, police said.

Andrew Cunje, pictured, was fatally stabbed on Dec. 21 (Photo via Facebook)

The pair were arrested on Dec. 29 and Kenner was wearing blood-splattered clothes. The clothes matched what he was wearing in the video footage while he also had a folding knife in his possession, prosecutors and police said.

Kenner had been out on bail while awaiting sentencing for an assault at a correction facility while Stephens was on parole after serving time for robbery and attempted robbery, according to the New York Daily News. Stephens is a reputed gang member, the publication reported.

Kenner and Stephens were also hit with robbery and weapons charges Thursday. Additionally, they were accused of tampering with evidence.

Kenner faces 25 years to life for each murder while Stephens faces 25 years to life in prison for the Cunje killing.

They were ordered back to court on April 25.

Kenner (L) and Jenner (R) on CCTV (Photo: NYPD)

email the author: [email protected]
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Southeast Queens man indicted for stealing more than $1.1M in pandemic loan fraud scheme: Feds

A Springfield Gardens man was arrested by federal agents on Thursday morning for allegedly stealing more than $1.1 million in a COVID-19 loan fraud scheme.

Terry Dor, 36, of 145th Road, was arraigned hours later in Brooklyn federal court on an eight-count indictment charging him with wire fraud, theft of public funds and money laundering in connection with a scheme to steal funds from the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program that provided emergency funding to distressed businesses during the pandemic.