You are reading

Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Woodhaven Boulevard During Early Hours Monday

(iStock)

May 25, 2021 By Christina Santucci

A 46-year-old man was killed and another was clinging to life after they were struck by Honda Accord in Ozone Park Monday morning.

The men were crossing Woodhaven Boulevard mid-block near Rockaway Boulevard around 12:30 a.m. when they were hit, police said. Both were taken to Jamaica Hospital, where Brooklyn resident Marcelo Pelaez was pronounced dead.

The other pedestrian, also 46-years-old, was in critical condition, the NYDaily News reported.

Police said that the 30-year-old driver of the Honda Accord remained at the scene and the Department’s Highway Collision Investigation Squad is investigating.

The driver – and his pregnant wife who was sitting in the passenger seat – were both not injured, according to the NYDaily News.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Hollis cabbie charged with felony hate crime for allegedly vandalizing religious statue at Catholic church in Fresh Meadows: DA

A Southeast Queens taxi cab driver was charged with criminal mischief as a hate crime and other related crimes for vandalizing a religious statue at a Fresh Meadows church late last month just hours before Sunday mass.

Jamshaid Choudhry, 44, of 186th Street in Hollis, was arraigned Friday in Queens Criminal Court for allegedly smashing the head of a marble statue of the Child Jesus in front of the Holy Family Roman Catholic Church, causing thousands of dollars in damage on June 30.

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.