You are reading

Three Men Indicted for Fatal Shooting at Park in Jamaica Last Year

(Stock Unsplash)

July 12, 2021 By Allie Griffin

Three Queens men were indicted on murder charges for the fatal shooting of a 22-year-old man in a Jamaica park last year, the Queens District Attorney announced Friday.

The men were arraigned and indicted by a grand jury in Queens Supreme Court Thursday for the Oct. 15 shooting.

The three were allegedly involved in a planned robbery — involving a bogus marijuana deal — that ended in the fatal shooting of Numani Lambert of the Bronx.

One of the three defendants, 18-year-old Chance Goode of Jamaica, acted as the ringleader according to the charges.

Goode — under the online alias “Pimmy Don” — allegedly messaged a friend of the victim on Facebook to arrange a meeting to buy weed from them at Rufus King Park.

He then sent the other two defendants—18-year-old Torren King of the Rockaways and 22-year-old Jabari Curtis of St. Albans—to the meeting place in the park.

Goode allegedly told King to rob the sellers — Lambert and his two friends — and have Curtis act as the getaway driver, according to the criminal complaint.

Curtis allegedly drove King and a fourth, unnamed man to meet up with Lambert and his two friends at the park at around 4:30 p.m. After meeting face-to-face, the two groups argued over the payment for the marijuana until Lambert and his friends turned and walked away without making the exchange.

King then called them back and allegedly pulled out a gun aimed at Lambert at close range. He shouted, “Now you have to give it to me” before allegedly firing two shots at Lambert, according to the charges.

A single bullet struck Lambert in the head. He died three days later at a nearby hospital, the Queens District Attorney said.

Police allegedly founded a 9 mm Luger that was used in the murder along with nine rounds of ammunition during a subsequent search of Goode’s home.

“As alleged, the defendants orchestrated and carried out a brazen robbery scheme that resulted in the broad daylight murder of a 22-year-old man, at a park frequented by children and teenagers,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said. “We must stop the scourge of gun violence in our communities.”

The three men were arraigned on a nine-count indictment charging them with murder in the second degree, attempted robbery in the first and second degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree and conspiracy in the fourth degree.

They are set to return to court on July 19. Each faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted. 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.