You are reading

Trendy Taco Chain To Open in Forest Hills Tuesday

The popular taco chain Tacombi will open Tuesday in Forest Hills, pictured (Photo provided by Tacombi)

Dec. 6, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

A popular taco chain will open a new restaurant in Forest Hills on Tuesday.

Tacombi – a chain that offers traditional Mexican fare such as tacos, quesadillas and burritos – will open at 71-22 Austin St.

The restaurant is moving into a 2,500 square foot space that was last occupied by Bolton’s, a women’s clothing store. The space is next door to the apparel store Banana Republic and two doors down from Shake Shack, a fast-food restaurant chain.

The Austin Street location will be the company’s eleventh location in the chain and its second in Queens – with the other being in Court Square, Long Island City. The company’s other establishments are located in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Miami.

Tacombi is known for its trendy locations and Mexican dishes. It also serves cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic fruit drinks known as Aguas Frescas.

The restaurant will also serve cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic fruit drinks known as Aguas Frescas.

The company says that it uses meat and fish that are hormone and antibiotics-free. The other ingredients are organic and GMO-free, according to its website.

The chain is owned by Dario Wolos who is originally from Mexico.

Tacombi began in 2005 when Wolos and others bought a 1963 Volkswagen Kombi bus in Mexico City, went traveling, and then used the vehicle later as a food truck selling tacos and Aguas Frescas.

Wolos then opened his first restaurant in Manhattan in 2010 and has been expanding since.

Tacombi has taken over a space that was last occupied by Bolton’s, a women’s clothing store (Photo: Google Maps)

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Mob of young people ransack Flushing boutique minutes after robbing man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue: NYPD

Police from the 109th Precinct in Flushing are still looking for more than a dozen young people who allegedly robbed a man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue and then pulled a smash-and-grab minutes later, looting a store of tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise last month.

The mob of more than a dozen men and women surrounded a 38-year-old man in the vicinity of Roosevelt Avenue and Union Street in the early morning of Monday, April 22. Several of the suspects threatened the victim with knives and some of the individuals menaced him with sticks before they forcibly removed his wallet, which contained $700 in cash, police said, adding that the victim was not injured during the incident.

South Richmond Hill man busted for allegedly groping woman on board bus near Forest Park: NYPD

A South Richmond Hill man was arrested on Monday and booked at the 102nd Precinct in Richmond Hill for groping a woman on a bus near the eastern edge of Forest Park earlier this month.

Edwin Guzman, 38, of 112th Street, is accused of approaching a 26-year-old victim who was on board an MTA Q37 bus near the intersection of Park Lane South and Metropolitan Avenue on the morning of Wednesday, May 1.

Mayor announces new 9/11 memorial will be built in Whitestone to honor fallen service members from Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts

Queens will be home to the city’s new memorial dedicated to the 99 service members from the borough who lost their lives in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq following the events of 9/11, Mayor Eric Adams announced during a Fleet Week kickoff reception at City Hall on Thursday morning.

The borough of Queens was chosen because it is home to the largest number of post-9/11 service members who were killed in action during those conflicts. Queens is also home to the highest population of living veterans than any other borough.

Two men sentenced to life imprisonment in murder-for-hire of perceived business rival at Flushing karaoke club

The president of a Manhattan-based construction company and a California man were sentenced to life in prison in Brooklyn federal court on Wednesday for orchestrating the murder of a businessman at a Flushing karaoke bar in 2019.

Qing Ming “Allen” Yu, 55, of Oyster Bay, and Zhe “Zack” Zhang, 35, of Arcadia, Calif., were convicted by a federal jury in October following a two-week trial for the contract killing of 31-year-old Xin “Chris” Gu, who worked at Yu’s company before becoming his business rival. The jury found the defendants guilty of murder-for-hire and murder-for-hire conspiracy for hiring a hitman to gun the victim down outside the Grand Slam KTV bar on Fowler Avenue