You are reading

Two Suspects Steal 80-Year-Old’s Wallet While She Reads Book Inside a Forest Hills McDonald’s: NYPD

Police on Tuesday released video of two suspects wanted for stealing an 80-year-old woman’s wallet while she was reading a book inside a McDonald’s restaurant in Forest Hills earlier this month. (Photos: NYPD and Google Maps)

Sept. 27, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

Police on Tuesday released video of two suspects wanted for stealing an 80-year-old woman’s wallet while she was reading a book inside a McDonald’s restaurant in Forest Hills earlier this month.

The incident took place inside the McDonald’s at 106-15 71st Ave. on Sept. 13 at around 3:30 p.m., police said.

The senior was sitting inside the fast-food restaurant reading a book when the two suspects – a man and a woman – allegedly swiped her wallet that was placed on a table in front of her, according to police.

The pair then fled the scene on foot. The wallet contained around $10 cash, credit cards and a set of keys, police said.

Both suspects are described as being in their 40s and having dark complexions.

The male suspect, who has a medium build, was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, black pants, multi-color sneakers and a blue du-rag, police said.

The female suspect was last seen wearing a black tan top, red sweatpants, black sandals and a multi-color scarf on her head. She has a thin build, according to police.

There were no injuries reported.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/, on Twitter @NYPDTips.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

A hidden gem in Sunnyside: Bistro Punta Sal blends Peruvian and Italian flavors

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

On a quiet street in Sunnyside, Bistro Punta Sal has its French doors wide open, letting the late August breeze emanate throughout the space, which is ornate with flowers, paintings and an array of tables and chairs for intimate dinners with friends or a romantic date night. The cozy restaurant, located at 45-51 46th St., is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that is just waiting to be discovered, as the sights and aromas of the restaurant invite guests in. 

Off-duty paramedic spots South Richmond Hill two-alarm house fire that injures nine firefighters, two civilians on Friday morning: FDNY

Nine firefighters were injured, two of them seriously, and two civilians sustained minor injuries during a two-alarm house fire in South Richmond Hill on Friday morning, but it could have been worse if not for the actions of an off-duty veteran EMT.

Paramedic Craig Biscuiti was driving to work when he noticed a column of thick black smoke and heavy flames coming from the first floor of a two-story home at 95-36 111th St. just before 7:10 a.m.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.