You are reading

Fundraiser Launched for Family of 16-Year-Old Who Died in Car Crash in Glen Oaks

Dylan Moreno (via GoFundMe)

Jan. 13, 2021 By Allie Griffin

A fundraiser has been launched to support the family of a 16-year-old boy who died in a car crash last week in Glen Oaks.

The teen, Dylan Moreno, was driving just blocks away from his home last Thursday when he lost control of the vehicle and smashed into a tree. He was ejected from the car and rushed to Long Island Jewish Medical Center, where he couldn’t be saved.

A co-worker and close friend of the boy’s mother has since launched a GoFundMe to help the family cover cremation and funeral costs.

Cat Rozario created the fundraiser on Monday and set a goal to raise $10,000.

In the description for the GoFundMe, she wrote that Moreno was “adored by all” and left behind three siblings — the youngest born just a week before his fatal crash.

“Friends describe Dylan as caring, humble and someone who loved to make everyone laugh and lift up their spirits,” Rozario wrote on the GoFundMe page. “He was an inspiration to all and motivated many to work towards their best in life.”

She added that 100 percent of the money raised would go to the heartbroken family.

“Words cannot express the devastation and heartbreak family and friends are experiencing at this time,” Rozario said. “We send strength and comfort to all during the mourning of our Dylan.”

More than $4,000 had been raised by the time of publication.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

4 Comments

Click for Comments 
Dan the Man

I will pray for him but I will not donate any money? Does not the city or Social Security supply death benefits? Also I checked and you get someone cremated in NYC for between $ 2,000 – $ 4,000. $ 10.000 seems a lot to pay for cremation, maybe I am missing something ?

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.


The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Queens Special Victims Squad joins search for alleged rapist in Downtown Flushing: NYPD

Detectives from the Queens Special Victims Squad have joined the urgent manhunt for the sexual predator who allegedly beat and raped a 53-year-old woman inside a commercial building in Downtown Flushing on the night of Sunday, July 14.

Police from the 109th Precinct in Flushing responded to a 911 call after the victim was attacked at 11:06 p.m. inside the business in the vicinity of Prince Street and 40th Road near the Bland Houses NYCHA complex after the perpetrator punched her multiple times in the head before forcibly raping her, police said. The stranger then fled on foot in an unknown direction.

South Ozone Park gunman faces 25 years to life in prison for murder at Richmond Hill auto repair shop: DA

A South Ozone Park man was indicted by a Queens grand jury in the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old celebrating his 24th birthday in 2022.

Curtis Benjamin, 27, of 113th Street, was arraigned Thursday in Queens Supreme Court on a 14-count indictment charging him with murder, attempted murder and other related crimes for gunning down Justin Baerga and wounding three other partygoers during the attack.